This recipe is easier to pull off than it looks. Dijon mustard and herbed pistachios form a perfect crust on flaky halibut. Substitute any flaky whitefish or salmon.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
1 dash sea salt
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
4 (4-oz.) raw halibut fillets
¼ cup raw, unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. corn meal
1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Combine mustard, lemon peel, salt, and pepper (if desired) in a small bowl; mix well.
3. Spread mustard mixture evenly on top side of each halibut fillet. Set aside.
4. Combine pistachios, corn meal, and parsley in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Press pistachio mixture evenly into top side of each halibut fillet.
6. Place halibut in baking dish, pistachio side up. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until halibut flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Nutritional Information (per serving):