Zucchini and Red Pepper Frittata
Frittatas are healthy, easy, and packed with protein. Try this one with zucchini. Your family will love and and it is HEALTHY! Sounds like a no brainer!!
Total Time: 41 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 26 min.
Yield: 4 servings
2 tsp. olive oil
3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
¼ tsp. sea salt
6 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (1½ oz.)
1. Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add zucchini, pepper, and onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
3. Add basil and salt. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 to 60 seconds, or until the moisture has evaporated.
4. Add eggs and goat cheese to vegetable mixture. Stir until combined; cook, over medium heat, without stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bottom is light golden. As it cooks, lift the edges and tilt the pan so uncooked egg will flow to the edges.
5. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking, covered, for 15 to 18 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information (per serving):