In the past few months I have learned how healthy quinoa is for you and am always looking for new recipes that are tasty! Can’t wait to try this recipe soon! Best part is this simple stuffing is loaded with delicious vegetables and herbs and takes just 10 minutes to prep.
Total Time: 42 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 27 min.
Yield: 16 servings, ⅔ cup each
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8 medium celery stalks, chopped (about 4 cups)
2 medium green apples, with peel (about 2 cups)
4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
½ cup pine nuts
1.Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
3. Add celery and apple; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
4. Add broth, quinoa, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
5. Add cranberries. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with fork and serve.