A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to take the next step in my obsession with fitness, and become a Certified Fitness Instructor. Yesterday, I finally was able to check this goal off my list. It was an amazing experience and I feel this step is going to continue to make this amazing journey I have been on even better. I spent about 8 hours meeting like minded individuals who helped me realize how great it is to teach group fitness classes. I listened to amazing music while working my butt off. Then I learned how I can motivate my classmates to survive the class, how to build relationships with my classmates, and how to rock as a trainer! I know this STEP in my journey is not going to be easy AT ALL, but I am determined to work hard. I can’t wait till I can feel confident enough to teach my first class!
As I think about this next step, it makes me think about how I got here. It’s crazy to think that making the choice to become a Beachbody coach in October of 2014 would lead to this. Just because some Coach who I did not even know well saw that I loved Turbofire, but wanted to lose some more weight, decided to ask if I wanted to join her challenge group. Then once we talked some more, she introduced the coaching opportunity, and for some reason I felt that I should do it. I had no clue that by signing up as a coach that it would eventually become a major part of my life. I am not making a crazy amount of money like some coaches I know, but being a Beachbody coach has made a big change in my life’s goal. I always thought I was just going to be an elementary teacher until I retire. I never even contemplated anything else. Now I have so many potential paths that i am considering taking.
– will I continue teaching till I retire?
– will I just become a full time Beachbody coach?
– Will I only be a fitness instructor and one day become a Mater Trainer?
– Maybe I can open my own gym one day?
– Maybe I can be a beachbody coach, a trainer, and also tutor children or only tutor my own children?
I do not have a set path anymore.. and I am really loving these new paths I keep taking! I can’t wait to see how much more my life changes in 2015!
So… I have a little advice for ya
1. Dream the Impossible, because anything is possible
2. Set goals and work hard to achieve them
3. Never give up on yourself
4. If you are presented with an opportunity that is different and maybe something that you never imagined doing, but for some reason you have something inside you telling you that you should go for it, GO FOR IT! Just do it!!
5. Enjoy the Journey!!