Today I came home and felt like making something different. I had some zucchini that was about to go bad so I decided to make some pasta. I ended up making another amazing new recipe with zoodles. I looked up a few recipes and them made it a little healthier and with my own twists. It turned out not so pretty looking, but it tasted pretty amazing. Kinda sad I don’t have any left overs this time.
Pad Thai Chicken with Zoodles
Serves 2 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 15 Total: 25 minutes
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup cashews (or roasted nuts)
- 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil (or peanut oil)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp onion powder (or chopped onion)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 8 ounces of chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (to cook chicken)
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Place all of the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs in a small bowl.
- Chop up or crush the cashews ( I smashed them in a bag with a meat tenderizer)
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add in oil, garlic and shallots. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the shallots begin to soften.
- Add in the sauce and whisk quickly so that the flour dissolves and the sauce thickens. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is reduced and thick.
- Once the sauce is thick, add in the zucchini noodles and cilantro and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until noodles soften and then add in the scrambled eggs and ground peanuts. Cook for about 30 seconds, tossing to fully combine.
- While the zoodles cook, chop up the chicken and toss in a skillet with some coconut oil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Plate onto dishes and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges.